Mr Faraj is a consultant obstetrician and gynaecologist and has been in the speciality for the last 20 years.
Mr Faraj is the lead of infertility Unit in Rotherham/South Yorkshire and had a wide experience in the management of infertile couples. He has a special interest in recurrent miscarriage, gynaecology scanning, endometriosis and Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS).
He was the medical director of the first IVF unit in Muscat and had the first IVF baby in the Sultanate of Oman.
Mr. Faraj has advanced experience in minimal access surgery including laparoscopic and hysteroscopic gynaecological surgery. He provides variety of fertility treatment and laparoscopic tubal surgery.
Married with 2 children ( 2 boys). Speaks fluent Arabic as well.
- Lead of Early Pregnancy Assessment Unit (EPAU)
- Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer – University of Sheffield
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists Tutor for trainees in South Yorkshire Deanery
- He was the Medical Education Lead/Undergraduate Tutor for Medical Students /University of Sheffield
- Consultant Gynaecologist at BMI Thornbury Hospital, Sheffield
- Previously Physician Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, Carbonear General Hospital, and Bruin Health Centre, NL, Canada
- Accredited Trainer in Pelvic Ultrasound in British Fertility Society
NHS Hospital: Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust
Previous Training and Qualifications:
Baghdad University, Baghdad, Iraq
Masters Degree in Obstetrics and Gynecology
University of Jordan, Amman, Jordan
Certificate of the Arab Board for Higher Specialisations in Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Jordanian Board in Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Diploma of Faculty of Family Planning and Reproductive Health
[Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare, London, United Kingdom]
RCOG-PMETB, London, United Kingdom
|Mr Faraj has his initial UK training in North West Hospitals in Manchester in 2004 then moved as a consultant obstetrician and gynaecologist in South Yorkshire|
|2008||British Society of Gynaecological Endoscopy (BSGE)|
|2007||British Fertility Society (BFS)|
|2005||Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists (RCOG)
Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare
|2004||Middle East Fertility Society (MEFS)|
|2002||Jordanian Society of Fertility and Genetics|
|License to practice as IVF specialist in Ministry of Health, Muscat, Oman.
College of Physicians and Surgeons of Newfoundland & Labrador (CPSNL)
|1996||Jordan Medical Association|
|1991||Iraqi Medical Association|
If you have BUPA cover see my page and follow the link